Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Final Blog Post

This class has been an awesome experience for me. I personally have never written a blog before, so doing so in this class was a new learning experience for me that was actually very fun! I could definitely see myself continuing to write blog posts for my future classroom and their parents. Each assignment in this course was relevant and made sense with what we were learning and writing about in our blog posts! It definitely opened my mind doing online projects with my classmates. I enjoyed the instructional strategy wiki project and the lesson plan projects the most, because even though we were all assigned different things to do for the page or lesson, everything pulled in together nicely. It was also cool to see how other people handled the assignment and how they interpreted it differently than I did.

I thought the textbook was great, it was easy to read and got the point across throughout each chapter. Our assignments also connected nicely with it, and had great information to help us understand them. The only thing in the course that was not easily readable were the directions on some of the assignments, such as the discussions and the bigger projects. I feel that sometimes there was just too much information on the page and it made it feel cluttered and hard to read. That was the only issue I had with this class though! Everything else was great, especially the screen casts for larger projects.

Concerning the learning outcomes, I think that we achieved all of them. Learning how to use technology as "both a medium and a goal of K-12 instruction" definitely occurred. I like the way that outcome was phrased. Since learning about and seeing all of the different ways technology can be used in the classroom, using technology in my own classroom has definitely become a goal.

Because of this class I can see myself in the future sharing knowledge through technology more than any other generation of teachers, this is such an exciting time to be an educator!

Photo Credit to Nancy White   

No comments:

Post a Comment